About Me

My photo
I am the proud owner of Pole Position Fitness in Long Beach California.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Central US Championships - 4 weeks out

The WBFF Central US Championships in Kansas City are 4 weeks out.

For me 4 weeks out is a critical time to get my nutrition and workouts dialed in and make sure my costumes are almost complete.

Nutrition/Workouts
What makes this most difficult for me is that I just completed the CT show, and although I did very well in that show I saw some areas for improvement. I am going to step up my cardio and my functional training this week and keep my focus on those improvements. In terms of diet; the week after my show I opened up my diet options in order to recover from my CT show prep. I had to get rehydrated and rebalance my bodies hormone levels. I did a great job of eating a lot of great foods and some fun cheats; but not too many. Now that my body is feeling balanced, happy, and full; now I am prepared for more limited food choices.

Limitations - No Processed Foods, No Alcohol, No Dairy....These are my 3 big limitations. All of my starches come from unprocessed sources like Yams or Sweet Potatoes. Then my diet consists of lean protein sources, lots of green vegetables, good fats and some fruits in limited quantities. Prep'ing this way still leaves me feeling satiated and full and my body really responds.

Costumes:
This is where I am lucky and love the process of competing. I make all of my own costumes. I ordered the fabric online last week and as of today I have all of the pieces of my costume already cut out. I will sew it and have it complete by Friday. I like to have all of my bags packed early so it is critical that I have all of my costumes, props and suits finished by the end of the weekend (3 weeks out).

4 weeks out is when I can really lose focus. My show is far enough away I subconsciously feel like there is a lot of time and I can feel like I have plenty of time to prepare; but if I mess up this week it can be unrecoverable.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post and informative. Will this be Bikini and Model again? Can't wait to see the pictures for the road ahead.

    ReplyDelete